Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Wild Kingdom

Yay! I actually have something to write about besides my random, somewhat sarcastic, thoughts! AND I have pictures to share with this post!

As Ryan and I have lived in our new apartment over the past month or so we have discovered that there is quite a bit of wildlife that surrounds our apartment! We have birds, rabbits, a squirrel and a little chipmunk that seem to come right up to our patio to visit us! I am not sure why they are so drawn to our patio. I don't see any animals on any other patios around the apartment complex. It must be the beautiful flowers we have out, the thistle (birdseed for finches), and the fact that our apartment is on the back corner of Stone Creek's property, facing an open field and a line of trees. Let me introduce some of our new little friends to you.

First we have a cute little baby bunny that was peaking around my tomato plant when I snapped the picture. He was nibbling on some grass sprouting up through the rocks (as if there wasn't enough grass behind him!)










Next, we have a mischievous little squirrel that climbed into my flower pot! I'm not sure what he was after in the flower pot, but as soon as I took his picture, I chased him out of there!





Lastly, we have one of the cute little yellow finches that visits frequently to munch on some thistle. There are red birds that come too (perhaps sparrows or other finches) but they are bullies that chase away the yellow finches, so they don't deserve to have their picture featured in this posting. Also, I mentioned before that we also have a chipmunk that stops by occasionally, but we haven't been able to get his picture yet! Maybe if you stop by our place sometime you can see these little critters LIVE! : ) Also, if you have any suggestions on names for our new friends, please let me know! : )

No comments: