Thursday, July 28, 2011

"An Award? And I Won?"


So apparently, there are these blog awards floating around... something about Catching Fire... where someone writes seven random facts about themselves on their blog, and then recognizes seven other blogs for the award, in which those seven people that were recognized write
seven random facts about themselves and then recognize seven MORE blogs for the award, and so on. It seems very similar to the forwarded survey emails that used to be so popular.

Recently, my sister-in-law, Mariel, whose blog is titled "More Than...," put me up for one of these awards. I guess that means I will have to tell you seven random facts about myself... darn! : ) I will not, however, be passing the award on to seven others, though... as, I only follow a few other blogs and don't even know of seven others that I could recognize!

Anyways, let's get on with the randomness...

1. I have a button collection. I have saved nearly every "extra button" that I have received with a new shirt since about middle school. I'm not really sure why I hung on to all of them, but now that I have a pretty stacked collection, I think its sort of fun. My collection consists of all different sizes, shapes and colors of buttons. And overall, I do find buttons to be cute, just as the expression says they are.

2. In eighth grade, I was in our school's rendition of Oklahoma and I had a solo! Yes, I was in the swing choir and got to sing the line "many a red sun will set," all by myself! Obviously this didn't lead to any sort of musical career for me, as I rarely sing in front of anyone but Nathan these days.

3. I have no desire for international travel. The U.S. has plenty of unique places to visit and its cheaper, safer and easier to just stay within our borders. Maybe I'll visit Canada sometime though... they seem nice there! : )

4. I secretly watch the Powerpuff Girls (well, I guess it's not a secret anymore!). Actually, Ryan is the one that started taping it for me on our DVR, but now that I have episodes waiting for me, I do watch it! : ) When I first heard of the show, several years ago, I thought, "that looks so dumb!" But then when I actually saw an episode for the first time, I found it rather funny and entertaining. Also, I like to think that I'm like Buttercup! I've got brown hair and green eyes, just like her. I can be tough, just like her. And in a recent episode I learned that she can roll her tongue, which I can also do! How's that for random!? : )


5. I am not a fan of (and don't think I've ever been a fan of) the color pink! Ryan reminded me of this random fact about myself and said that, "I hate the color pink with the fury of a thousand burning suns!" Now, I don't know if I hate it that much!... but its true, I've never really liked the color. I guess its too much of a girly girl color for me! Ryan also helped me realize that I hardly own ANYTHING pink! I have one pink glass candle holder in the shape of a flower, and I have one black blouse with little pink flowers on it and one white dress with a pink paisley design on it. Other than that, there is hardly anything pink in our whole entire apartment!

6. I love swimming. I was never a competitive swimmer or even a elegant, graceful swimmer, like my mom, who was president of her high school water ballet team! I just thoroughly enjoy being in the water. I find it so refreshing and so relaxing! Maybe I feel this way because one of my love languages is physical touch, and swimming is quite the tactile activity when your body is completely submerged in water!

7. Lastly, I love snowflakes! I know I already mentioned this in a recent post on my love for all four season in the Midwest. But it doesn't hurt to express my love for them again! : ) Snowflakes are truly one of my favorite parts of God's creation! They are so amazing! And I love the thought that there are no two snowflakes alike! I believe with their unique crystal patterns that fact is probably true. But I also love the thought that that theory could never, ever, in a million years, be proven or disproven!!!!! There were and will be far too many snowflakes in far too vast a world to ever compare them all! It boggles my mind! : ) (Also, the picture below is of a real snowflake that I caught on my mitten at Pine Lake Camp this past February!)


Alright, so there you have it, seven random facts about me. Thank you to Mariel for this small challenge! Also, I must give credit (or at least an explanation) to the title of this blog post. It is a movie line from the movie "The Grinch" with Jim Carrey. It is when Cindy Lou Who informs him that he was nominated to be the Holiday Cheer-meister! : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love your random facts!
Have you seen those button monogram wall art things? I bet you could do something crafty like that with all your buttons: http://d30opm7hsgivgh.cloudfront.net/upload/3336228_mhqVpzqZ_c.jpg

Oh, and the Powerpuff Girls rock! Buttercup is definitely the best :)

Kristin L. said...

Love the button mosaic idea! Perhaps I'll make an "L" for Liddell to hang on the wall here at our apartment... or maybe to hang on our door! : )