As Ryan was playing NFL Blitz on Nintendo 64 last night (which he says might be his all time favorite sports video game), hearing the commentators of the game discuss the "red zone," it got me thinking... wouldn't it be more appropriately named "the green zone???"
The red zone is the section on both ends of a football field between the 20 yard line and the end zone. Here are three good reasons why I think it should be renamed the green zone:
1. The space that makes up the red zone (usually made of turf or grass) is actually GREEN! (Sometimes it might be brown if the field is really muddy, but that doesn't count. Besides, who would want to call it the brown zone?)
2. When the offense is in the red zone, they are really trying to get into the end zone, meaning they need to "GO." The universal color representing the action "GO" is green.
3. Lastly, green is my favorite color... its the color of my eyes (as I dramatically bat my eyelashes)! Therefore, I just want it to be renamed the green zone.
So there you have it, three solid reasons why they (they being anyone in charge of official football rules or anyone with the authority to make such a change) should change the red zone to the green zone. Perhaps I should start a petition to really get this idea off the ground! : )
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
your hilarious!
Post a Comment