Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cartoon Character

While most cartoon characters are just that... characters, with silly attributes and tendencies, some of them actually have "character." Some of these positive character traits are some that I would like to add to my own personality. Here are a list of a few of my favorites characters and character they possess which I wish I had more of.

First, before I list the characters, you might notice that all of these characters are from Pixar movies... perhaps that is because Disney does such a great job developing their characters that it was easy to choose all Pixar characters! : ) Alright, here we go...

Dory - first off, I already possess one of her traits... forgetfulness... yes, mommy-brain is a REAL thing. Its probably just sleep deprivation... but honestly, my brain is less sharp since I've been home with Nathan! What I love about Dory though, and what I wish to exhibit in my own life, is her positive attitude. She's such an optimist! : ) Marlin: "No, no... the water is going down... It's already half empty!" Dory: "I'd say its about half full!"



Elastigirl - "Helen? Helen who?" "You know, Elastigirl?" "DARLING!" Now, this one is more of a play on words. I don't literally want to be more physically flexible and be able to stretch and contort my body, like Elastigirl (although, it really wouldn't hurt if I tried to get in better shape). What I'm looking to improve on is my flexibility with change... you know, the ability to go with the flow! I am SUCH an A + B = C type person and child rearing doesn't really fit that mold! So far, its been quite a challenge for me... but in a good way! : ) If I could just be more flexible throughout the day, life would be way less stressful!











Mater - I LOVE Mater! He is so kind and genuine and truly sees the good in everybody! I WISH I could be as kind and friendly as he is! That's not to say that I'm currently a mean, harsh person... I'm definitely polite! But to see the good in others, no matter what... to give others the benefit of the doubt and to treat others kindly even when they don't do the same!... now there is some true character... something I wish I was better at!



And lastly, Dug - I also LOVE Dug! He's so happy! He's got such a zest for life! "Squirrel!" He's also VERY obedient and always wishes to please his master! : ) Again, these are qualities I want to exhibit in my life! I want to live life joyfully and live to please the Lord! This is easier said than done, but I know that if I did try to live life according to what the Lord wants for me, I would automatically have a life full of joy! : )



So, in conclusion, there is a lot I can learn from the characters of the silver Pixar screen! Now if I could only exhibit their characteristics in my life, I... well, everyone, would be better off! : ) Good luck to me in my new endeavor... trying to be more positive, flexible, joyful, compassionate, and obedient. (Now, if I could just win those cards in Apples to Apples... I'd be set! : ) )

No comments: