1. GREAT DANE - I've seen a woman a few different times walking two dogs. One of them is a black and white Great Dane. I am just amazed at the size of this breed! When she is standing and he is on all fours, his head comes up to her shoulder! I'm sure that when he's on his hind legs, he's even taller than she is! And the way Great Danes walk is almost comical. Their legs are so long and the joint above their paws jets out so far that they have quite a large bounce to their step... even when they are just casually walking slowly! Its very fun to watch!
2. B-ball Courts - I've noticed several houses that have concrete patios in back, behind their attached garages, with basketball hoops up, making little, mini basketball courts for the kids. That must be fun for them... AND the ball won't roll out into the street if it happens to go flying!
3. BOOM! - I actually saw a civil war canon on a flat bed trailer parked in the street. Fortunately (mostly for Nathan), we did not see it go off! I'm thinking that the people that own it are a part of some sort of civil war reenactment group!
4. Singing - Today, I passed a guy who was spreading fertilizer in his yard with a walk-behind spreader. He had headphones on and suddenly began signing country music very passionately. I'm not sure if he didn't see me there or if he saw me but didn't care if anyone heard him. I hope it was the latter; I didn't want him to be embarrassed! : )
Ok, that's it for now... stay tuned for more....
1 comment:
We were just talking about Great Danes today! They are really funny looking horses...I mean dogs! :)
Did you know they only have a life expectancy of like 8 years? That's sad, but also makes sense considering their size - they probably have lots of genetic problems.
Anywhooo...glad you are all getting settled in your new home state! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment