Thursday, July 17, 2008

Picky Beggar

So, as Ryan and I were walking back to our car after Concert on the Square last night, a guy approached us with a note (because he was apparently deaf and dumb). The note said something about needing help, or money, or food or something, I don't know, I didn't actually read the note, he showed it more to Ryan than to me. Anyways, once we figured out that he wanted food, Ryan opened the cooler we had with us to offer him a small bunch of bananas, a bag of pretzels, and grapes. He didn't want this. I think he was trying to communicate to us that he wanted pizza! You know, if I was homeless or starving or just out of money for food, I would be pretty happy to get some bananas, pretzels and grapes! But apparently that wasn't good enough for this guy. Beggars can't be choosers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, that was a strange situation...I was all about helping him out, but then when we were being led by him and not too sure where he was going, SafetyMan popped in my head...
I think he was trying to say that food we had (and had been eating all night) would make him sick...I dunno....