Here is a list of the cups from Mariokart for Wii and the tracks each cup contains, with my thoughts about each one (of course!):
Mushroom Cup
Luigi Circuit - Not too bad, but has a horrible soundtrack!
Moo Moo Meadows - Total rip off of Moo Moo Farms, but I do like the Irish music!
Mushroom Gorge - Actually a fun and original track, but again, horrible soundtrack!
Toad's Factory - Actually a fun and original track.
Flower Cup
Mario Circuit - Not too bad of a track.
Coconut Mall - Another fun and original track, with, again, a horrible soundtrack!
DK Summit - Rip off of DK Mountain, which is also used later in the game!!!
Wario's Goldmine - Another fun and original track with an annoying soundtrack! Also, this track is very hard, especially for just being in the Flower Cup!
Star Cup
Daisy Circuit - I do like this one.
Koopa Cape - I also like this one.
Maple Tree Way - Another good one, with a SUPER annoying soundtrack!
Grumble Volcano - Another fun and original track.
Special Cup
Dry Dry Ruins - Rip off of Dry Dry Desert which has a MUCH better background song! Also, all the previous cups start off with a character's circuit, so why didn't this cup?
Moonview Highway - Rip off of Mushroom Bridge and Toad's Turnpike. Another AWFUL soundtrack and another very difficult track.
Bower's Castle - I guess there has to be one of these in every version of Mario Kart, but within the selection of old school tracks there are TWO more Bowser Castle tracks! Two too many!
Rainbow Road - I guess there also has to be one of these in every version of Mario Kart. This one is extremely difficult though!
Shell Cup
Peach Beach (Gamecube) - I do actually like this track from Gamecube, so not a bad selection!
Yoshi Falls (DS) - I also enjoy this track from DS, which I've never played before.
Ghost Valley 2 (NES) - This track is LAME and too similar to Banshee Boardwalk. They could have picked a WAY better track from the past besides this one!
Mario Raceway (N64) - This one is alright, but again, with all the other awesome tracks out there, from the past, they could have picked a better one!
Banana Cup
Sherbert Land (N64)- I HATE this track, I repeat, HATE it! First off, DK Summit (a rip off of DK Mountain) is already a snowy track, but if they wanted another snowy track, they definitely should have picked Frappe Snowland from N64 or Sherbert Land from Gamecube!
Shy Guy Beach (Gameboy) - This seems awfully similar to Koopa Troopa Beach from N64, but I actually like this track from Gameboy, which I have never played before. They do already have a beach selection with Peach Beach, though!
Delfino Square (DS) - Again, I have never played DS, but I do like this track and feel it was a good selection.
Waluigi Staduim (Gamecube) - This is a pretty good selection, but if they were going to pick a stadium track, they definitely should have gone with Wario Coliseum!!! That track is AWESOME!
Leaf Cup
Desert Hills (DS) - I do like this track, from DS, which again, I've never played. However, it is so similar to Dry Dry Ruins (a rip off of Dry Dry Desert) that it was a wasted pick in my opinion.
Bowser's Castle 3 (Gameboy) - This track is LAME and again too repetitive with the over abundance of Bowser Castle tracks in this game!
DK Jungle Parkway (N64) - DK Mountain from Gamecube is better! Oh, but they have that one too! They did NOT need both in my opinion... in addition to DK Summit!
Mario Circuit (Gamecube) - Not so much a fan of this one... another wasted pick!
Lightning Cup
Mario Circuit 3 (NES)- Ryan feels that this one is totally nostalgic of the original Mario Kart game... I think this track is BORRR-RRRING!
Peach Gardens (DS) - I do like this one, DS seems to have all the best tracks! This one could have probably replaced Peach Beach. We can't have Peach dominating all the track selections!
DK Mountain (Gamecube) - I do like this track, but its too repetitive with the other DK tracks chosen!
Bowser's Castle (N64) - Again, too many Bowser Castle tracks (geez, I'm sounding like a broken record!)... and why would they pick the one from N64 when the Bowser Castle track from Gamecube is SO MUCH better!
So, those are my thoughts on the current (poorly done) track selection! Stay tuned for the Kristin's ULTIMATE list of AWESOME tracks... which they should have used to make Mario Kart for Wii AWESOME! I really don't know why they did not consult me before releasing this video game! : )
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment