Alright, here is Kristin's ULTIMATE List of AWESOME Tracks... which I feel they SHOULD have selected when reusing old tracks for the four new cups added to Mario Kart for Nintendo Wii.
A few disclaimers before I unveil "the list" though:
- First off, choosing SIXTEEN awesome tracks was harder than I thought it would be. Its hard to find that many AWESOME tracks to begin with... but then do so without repeating too many beach themed or desert themed tracks is quite difficult. With that said, my list does have just as many Yoshi tracks, desert tracks and beach tracks as Wii's selection had of Bowser's Castle tracks.
- Secondly, yes, I have selected a lot of Yoshi tracks... but that is because Yoshi is AWESOME. How can anyone not love him? He's a cute little dinosaur that wears boots and has a shell on his back! Honestly though, all of the Yoshi tracks are truly great tracks! : )
Ok, without further ado... here's the list..
Shell Cup
Daisy Cruiser (Gamecube) - This track involves driving on a cruise ship; what's not cool about that?
Frappe Snowland (N64) - This track involves little funny looking snowmen that will blow up if you drive into them. Fun (but not recommended) I say! : )
Yoshi Circuit (Gamecube) - I love this track. Its fun and challenging! It also has a few fun short cuts in it. Also, when they first show you the track (from an overhead view) the track (which is in the shape of Yoshi's profile) looks like a child's birthday cake (in the shape of Yoshi!) : )
Dry Dry Desert (Gamecube) - This track is fun and has a good soundtrack. Also, there is a fun desert tornado and sandpit to avoid!
Banana Cup
Baby Park (Gamecube) - This track is simply a round oval that involves six laps. With all the crazy things that one can shoot at other players this track breeds chaos! Its one of Ryan's absolute favorites! If you are skilled "driver" you can also master drifting around the curves to maximize your lap time!
Peach Beach (Gamecube) - This track is decent. It made the cut with Wii's selection.
Yoshi Valley (N64) - This track is great because it has many multiple options for navigating from start to finish... so much so that the game cannot calculate who is in what place until everyone completes their laps and crosses the finish line. This builds in some suspense as you race!
Wario Coliseum (Gamecube) - This is one of the most fun tracks in all of Mario Kart for Gamecube. It baffles me as to why they did not include it in the tracks for Mario Kart for Wii.
Leaf Cup
Yoshi Falls (DS) - This was a new track to me, but I really enjoyed it.
Peach Gardens (DS) - Again, a new track, but a good selection.
Delfino Square (DS) - Another good choice.
Dino Dino Jungle (Gamecube) - This track has a huge Brontosaurus in the middle of part of the track which you have to drive under... what isn't fun about that!? It also has a fun short cut!
Lightning Cup
Kalimari Desert (N64) - This track has a train running through it, which, if you are crossing the tracks at the wrong time... you could get run over by. That's fun, but again, not recommended! : )
Shy Guy Beach (Gameboy) - This was a new track to me, but I really liked it. I especially like the canons that get shot off of a ship pulled up to the beach, which you need to look out for!
Choco Mountain (N64) - This track is pretty fun, but I especially like the soundtrack to it!
Bowser's Castle (Gamecube) - The new Bowser's Castle for Wii is pretty good, but I really enjoy the Bowser's Castle track from Gamecube. It's challenging, has a fun, but difficult, short cut and has the best song ever! Also, when something bad happens (say, you get hit with a shell or you slip on a banana peel) Bowser laughs at you in his gruff growling voice. Not sure why I like this added feature, but I do.
So, there you have it. Kristin's ULTIMATE List of AWESOME Tracks. If you feel there is an awesome track that I have failed to choose, please let me know! Again, I have never played Mario Kart on Nintendo DS or Gameboy, so I could be missing out on some great tracks from those game systems. But, tell me, what are some of your favorite tracks and why? : )
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment