Did I really just spend the past four posts blabbing on and on about my criticisms of Mario Kart for Nintendo Wii and describing which tracks I think they SHOULD have chosen? That is a little sad. Why would I go on and on about such nonsense? Don't I have better things in my life to think and/or write about? Let's take a deeper look.
Well, Mario Kart is a game that goes back in history within the relationship of Ryan and Kristin. It is one of the things that brought us closer together in college. One year at Stout, we both had single rooms (no roommates) in buildings that were next to each other and we would spend time together by watching Disney movies and/or playing Mario Kart on Ryan's N64 in Ryan's dorm room. Then, during Ryan's senior year, he got a Nintendo Gamecube and, naturally, I bought him Mario Kart for Gamecube as his graduation gift! : ) From then on, we played LOTS of Mario Kart Doubledash and had lots of fun with. We held off on getting a Wii for quite a while. We played it at friends' houses a few times but didn't get a Wii console of our own until after Nathan was born (so, fast-forward six years from our Gamecube days). Once we had the Wii though, of course we had to get all the accessories AND... Mario Kart for Wii! During Nathan's naps we would "hack" (as Ryan calls it) on the game to unlock as many new things as we could. As we went along though, I discovered that I was disappointed in the game. The leap from Mario Kart Doubledash for Gamecube to Mario Kart for Wii was NOTHING compared to the AWESOME jump from N64's version to Gamecube's Doubledash! And as I said in an earlier post, with today's gaming technology, they could have done amazing stuff with it! They could have had amazing new tracks with clever and fun short cuts. They could have had awesome graphics. They could have had super fun, TECHNO music to pump you up as you raced!
So, as you see, because this game was such a big part of history in the lives of "Ryan and Kristin" and because the game was such a let down... I felt compelled to write four (make that five) posts about it. Actually, it was going to be all one post, but then I decided to break it up into separate posts! Word.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that you dedicated four (now five!) posts to your inner gamer geek side!! However, I must say that I personally don't like Double Dash and would have to say that MK64 is better. But that is just my opinion that N64 is a better console than the piece of poop Gamecube...babababa. *runs and hides from the gamecube lovers*
For some reason, I am far better at Double Dash than any other version of Mario Kart, so that is probably why I like it best! :)
Post a Comment