Friday, June 17, 2011

Rainy Days

Many people would argue that rainy days are no fun! They might even say they are gloomy and depressing. But I would like to take a moment to express why I think they aren't so bad!

1. Rainy days are NEEDED! Plants, trees and grass need water to grow! The earth NEEDS rain!
2. When there is rain and things grow and flourish, they turn GREEN (my most favorite color!)
3. Its relaxing to hear the gently falling rain outside.
4. One of my favorite reasons... the rain and wetness help dampen and push down all those nasty allergens floating through the air!
5. Rainy days seem more quiet! I was thinking about why this might be (specifically because I noticed that Nathan takes better naps on rainy (more quiet) days) and then I realized... people aren't going to be zooming around on their motorcycles on rainy days. People aren't going to take their precious, souped up cars out in the rain. Heck, people might just go out less in the rain (aside from going to work or a required commitment). So in general, there is less traffic and less street noise! (And fewer people running to the grocery store across the street from my apartment that apparently, accidentally hit the "panic" button on their key fab causing their car alarm to go off!)

So there, five simple reasons why rainy days aren't so bad after all. And in addition, I personally enjoy the metaphor that rain gives us. As the rain washes away dirt and renews the things outside, God washes away our sin and renews our lives on the inside! : )

No comments: